My Photo

My Photo
Always look on the bright side of ''LIFE''

Saturday 6 July 2013

''Leaving on a jet plane lalaaaalaa''.......

Today my husbands daughter left for a new adventure in another country half away around the world.
I started to think about my parent's specially my mother who left her home land with five children, two older children and three younger children arriving in Australia 1964.
to start a new life.Yes we were one of the thousands who migrated to Australia as the ten pound poms!
Leaving her mother, father and five sibling's nieces & nephews & friend's.
My mother loved Australia
with all her heart,but I know there were times she was very homesick & in those days mail took a long time to arrive & few and far between.She received a letter to let her know her mother had passed away seven week earlier..I couldn't imagine how that must of felt for her.But in true spirit my mum rallied on in her new home Australia,she had many jobs from making phone cables to stuffing chicken's to losing her job in a nursing home back in 1966 for standing up to the boss for feeding the elderly...what looked like cat food.
(my mother! I really do need to do a blog just on her) Anyhow today you can travel
the world and almost take your family& friends with you with the wonderful internet-Skype,Facebook.. how lucky our we with this wonderful technology.
So to ''Annie'' go on your new journey with all our LoVe Knowing we are really all going with you!!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment