My Photo

My Photo
Always look on the bright side of ''LIFE''

Monday 27 January 2014

1987 Nina Ricci perfume and our IRIS

  

Been though a very emotional month!  These word's on my candle jar have been staring at me the whole time, I have to learn to accept what I can't change, but sometimes change can be a good thing 'right' So I must 'love' laugh and Live well...................And like my last post be brave & stay true to myself  


 Emm' very impressed with new camera, I will put my passion & energy into my photography  (stay tuned) & who knows maybe they will sell my pictures this year' The new 'me' for 2014

I was talking to my mum the other week I asked her if she was happy & as many times before I asked her to send me a sign, it had to be an Iris..(being my mum's name) or the word Iris with in the week and then I would know she is happy as I have done many many time in the past ten years . I also added with a giggle that I never did find my forty birthday present she said she had hid then didn't know where she had put it !  driving my car then I realized it was almost  the end of the week. I shouted hurry up mum time is nearly up' then no kidding an hour later I was walking though the opp shop and there on the self was this beautiful jug & wash basin, covered in hand painted 'beautiful Iris's' & English crown marking underneath, mum being English made the jug more special. I couldn't believe my eyes then an old Scottish lady came over to me and handed me a very old bottle of  Nina Ricci perfume she said this is meant for you, I thought to myself that's strange but smiled & thanked her, the bottle of half filled perfume was  priced $2.50. We started talking I had never seen her before and had been in the shop many many times in the past ten year's, she told  me she was one of the first to volunteer' she even helped paint the walls & had seen many people come and go I thanked her again then walked away to pay for my thing's. The lady at the counter was very annoyed that I had the perfume & kept asking me who gave it to me, I started to look around the shop I could not see the Scottish lady anywhere. Anyhow I didn't want to get her into trouble so I didn't say any think. But the women at the counter wouldn't stop with the questions so I said to her  if it means so much to you you can have it back its no problem  it ok, She said no it doesn't matter, But I could tell she was not very happy ........That afternoon I  got onto the net & did some research it turns out that the bottle was specially created  in 1987 in homage to his mother Nina by Nina Ricci's son Robert.  I suddenly realized that there were a lot of people in the shop that morning why did that lady pick me out' then it hit me! My darling mum not only gave me a sign with the Iris jug, but also she gave me the best birthday present ever! LoVe you mum xxxxxx

 Lillie's have been beautiful. I met an older lady who also was buying flowers she said she would give me a tip how to make them last longer,she told me when you get them home cut the bottom's off, Then place lilies  into a small amount of boiling hot water for five minute's then remove and place them into vase only filling your vase a quarter with fresh cold water each day! So far so good


even old flowers have beauty LoVe  the soft pink and how the ends have turned brown, This  beautiful Gerber was bought for me last week by a friend of my son, Darling girl' I wish with all my heart  that true love and happiness is on its way to you very soon, you deserve the best in life xx


Bazza has had a tough time, never gets a cold for more than a few days.But this time its taken a six weeks to go. Back & fighting fit & cheeky as ever,73 & not a day goes by that hes not on his exercise gym every morning for an hour sometimes two if ( Iam lucky)ok Ok then he crashes for the rest of the day,lol heheeee                                                                                              'Anyway' as Ellen would say......have a great day every one!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment